Come and join our team! Please see current our vacancies below or call/email the office on 0115 7117070 or email@example.com.
Assistant Case Manager (East Midlands/Yorkshire)
AKA Case Management is about helping people live life to the full after injury. Through experience, skill and knowledge AKA Case Management have positively supported hundreds of people and families adjust, find purpose and enjoy life again after a life changing event.
Job Title: Assistant Case Manager
Location: Based at/working from home – travelling to clients around the East Midlands/Yorkshire area.
Company: AKA Case Management Ltd (www.akacasemanagement.com)
Hours: Full time
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, reliable and motivated individual, who has a positive outlook to work within our team. They will be required to work alongside Case Managers in ensuring the coordination and delivery of a support service to our clients in line with their care and support needs, and therapeutic plan.
You will be working within the East Midlands/Yorkshire region with both children and adults who have sustained a traumatic injury or injured through medical negligence; all of whom have complex needs.
Your duties will include:
- Implementation and monitoring of an individual package of care (as set up by Case Manager) which best meets the client’s needs and which ensures the provision of practical assistance and guidance to support the client in day to day living.
- Responsible for managing support staff in client care packages on a day to day basis – dealing with any issues as they arise, ensuring rotas are completed in advance and all shifts are covered.
- Preparing draft care plans, risk assessments, support plans, progress reports, file notes and/or needs assessments, as agreed, for approval by the Case Manager.
- To regularly check the daily logs, and the client folder, maintained at the client’s home.
- Recruitment of support workers/rehab assistants/team leaders; completing their training and induction and providing regular supervision to ensure they provide care and support to theclient in accordance with the care package agreed, implemented with AKA’s high standards and its policies and procedures.
- To deal with HR issues arising from the management of Team Leader and Support Workers, including sickness, maternity, disciplinary and capability issues, in conjunction with the office and AKA’s policies and procedures.
- To liaise and work with health professionals, legal teams, and other external agencies (statutory and independent providers) as required.
- Monitor and support the implementation of therapeutic plan to help clients make gains in their physical, cognitive and psychological well-being, and enable Team Leaders and/or Support Workers to undertake duties in line with this.
- To attend MDTs, Support Worker meetings, team meetings, review meetings, regional meetings and take minutes of such meetings where required and agreed with the Case Manager
Qualifications: Care qualification NVQ level 3 or equivalent. Basic Supervisory Qualification (preferable).
Experience: 2 years’ experience of dealing with brain injured or neurological clients. 1 year supervisory experience.
Skills: Excellent communication skills – staff, client, client family and friends.
Ability to develop therapeutic relationships.
Ability to manage and supervise staff.
Ability to keep records in line with protocol.
Ability to use initiative.
Ability to form professional working relationships with contractors, staff and clients.
Ability to organise workload of self and others.
Basic knowledge of acquired brain injury.
Benefits: AKA operate a bi-annual monitory reward scheme based on Key Performance Indicators. We also offer a robust and regular supervision and training policy, Healthcare scheme and pension.
Special Requirements: Car driver essential.
For more information or to apply please call 0115 7117070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org