Come and join our team! Please see current our vacancies below or call/email the office on 0115 7117070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Worker (Worcester)
Job Title: x 1 Support Worker
Company: AKA Case Management Ltd (www.akacasemanagement.com) on behalf of – BBH Legal Services Ltd (Solicitors) are recruiting on behalf of their client
Salary: £15.00 per hour
Hours: Bank – Flexible hours 2-4 hours per week (1 day a week usually on a Wednesday but flexible to work Monday-Friday to cover for annual leave/sickness of second support worker)
Person specification/skills: We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and reliable individual, who has a positive outlook to work with our male client in Worcester. We particularly welcome applicants with experience in brain injury, rehabilitation, and experience of managing challenging behaviour/frustration. A car driver is essential.
You will be working with our 35-year-old male client to enable independent living, (no personal care). His hobbies and interests include- football, gaming, and cooking.
- Aiding where needed with admin tasks/domestic support
- Assisting with activities of daily living
- Accompanying client to social events
- Support with medical appointments
- Support with care of dog English Bull Terrier
- Liaison with case management team
- Record keeping
- Building a rapport with the client
Closing date – 17th February 2023
Complex Care Support Worker (Glossop)
Job Title: Complex care support worker
Company: Hugh Jones solicitors on behalf of client and managed by AKA Case Management Ltd (www.akacasemanagement.com)
Salary: £13.00 weekday rate, £13.50 weekend rate
Hours: Full Time, Part Time and Bank, 24-36 hours per week 12-hour shift pattern 9am-9pm (days), 9pm-9am (waking nights).
Please note the rota is not fixed, therefore post will require weekend and bank holiday work with fair rotation amongst team.
We are looking for a bright/ enthusiastic, sociable, reliable and motivated individual, who has a positive outlook to work within our team to work as part of a care team for a 17-year-old male client who has an acquired brain injury with complex care conditions. Our client lives between his parents’ homes, spending alternate weeks with both his Mum and his Dad, parents are both based in Glossop and local to one another. Care is provided throughout 24 hours with waking care during the night. Our client has complex care needs, as such you will be expected to deliver a high standard of effective care that is based on empathy, respect, and compassion. The right candidate will be pet friendly as both family homes have dogs.
Your duties will include:
- PEG feeding,
- administration of medications via PEG,
- seizure management,
- administration of nebulisers and oxygen as required,
- chest and airway management including oral suctioning,
- repositioning 2 hourly and as required,
- to monitor SAT levels to ensure they remain within the desired range,
- all elements of personal care (by maintaining personal hygiene needs, including oral hygiene and ensuring skin integrity by correct positioning when sitting in specialist seating and when in bed and by applying barrier cream as required),
- supporting our client to engage with a range of activities which may include attending days out with family, sensory work programs, day centres and hydrotherapy.
- delivery of passive movement exercises,
- completing daily stretches and exercises provided by the physio,
- completing chest physio exercises twice daily,
- completing a range of different activities as identified with educational material,
- using play, singing, audio stories, talking, sensory engagement as therapy strategies
- to work as part of a team and provide clear communication by understanding our clients communication style and being responsive to his cues, updating our client’s parents and share any achievements or concerns, recording clear daily records that conform to the local policies, attending team meetings and supervision sessions, attending all training sessions, supporting new staff members to understand their roles and by maintaining professional boundaries with our client, his family and the wider MDT,
- to promote psychological wellbeing for our client by delivering client focussed care to a high standard, planning various activities each day that stimulates our client and makes him enjoy his life as much as possible, recognising the importance of family time, ensuring that our client and his families’ needs are central to all tasks, and by accompanying our client to outdoor activities and trips away, and
- always providing a safe environment for our client by undertaking general cleaning and household duties related to our client’s needs (including laundry), maintaining a trip free and tidy environment, ensuring all wheelchair clamps are in place when using the wheelchair accessible vehicle and by applying all risk reduction strategies as identified within the care plan.
- Care Certificate or NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care (Desirable)
- Minimum 2 years working as a carer either as an employee or informally (Essential)
- Experience of working with children or adults in the community (Desirable)
- Experience of caring for client’s who have epilepsy or other complex care conditions (Desirable)
- Good communication skills, including IT (Essential)
- Caring and compassionate nature (Essential)
- PEG trained (Desirable)
- Manual Handling experience (Desirable)
- Trained first aider (Desirable)
- Flexible working hours (Desirable)
- Working within a family home and getting to know one client well.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Full driving license (Desirable).
Closing date: 10th Feb 2023
Support Worker (Formby)
Job Title: Support Worker
Company: You will be employed by the financial deputy on behalf of the client and managed by AKA Case Management Ltd (www.akacasemanagement.com)
Salary: £12 to £13 during probationary period, rising to £13 to £14 after probationary period.
Hours:Full time (36 hours). Part time (24 hours). Days 08:00 to 20:00. Waking nights 20:00 to 08:00. There is no sleep-in duty.
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic people, with a commitment to promoting and maintaining an independent lifestyle for an individual with significant care needs. You will be a member of the team of carers providing round the clock 2:1 care.
Undertaking a range of duties to support our 66 year old client, you will work closely with other members of the team in providing the highest standards of health and rehabilitation care. Successful applicants will ideally hold an NVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or Care Certificate. You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, backed by previous experience of supporting an adult with severe physical disabilities. You will be proficient in the use of hoists and specialist equipment.
The post requires that you work and conduct yourself in a manner that is acceptable to the employer, client and his family. Reliability, integrity and complete trustworthiness are essential attributes in this post. Our client suffered a brain injury as a result of a road traffic accident and is now quadriplegic. He is highly dependent and needs maximum assistance and requires full personal care. He has a tracheostomy and a gastrostomy. You will drive the purposely adapted vehicle to enable him to make home and community visits. You will therefore hold a full and valid driving licence and be able to drive the adapted vehicle to enable the client to access the community.
This post will require 24/7 support on a rota basis and does include waking nights and weekends.
Your duties will include:
· To establish and maintain a trusting, therapeutic, working relationship with client, family & Case Manager
· To support the client in line with the Care Plan guidelines
· To promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the workplace
· To promote effective communication with all parties
· To contribute to the protection of individuals from abuse
· To liaise with other agencies when required.
· To complete daily records as advised including; time sheets, daily records, care plan summary and critical incidents, petty cash etc
· To attend supervision, team meetings and other meetings with the employer and other persons as nominated by the employer
· To attend training sessions as arranged
· To carry out therapy practise sessions as advised by treating professionals
· To support the client to engage in activities, hobbies & interests within the home and in the community
· Any other reasonable task or intervention that is required of you to ensure all aspects of the client’s health and social care needs are met.
Qualifications: NVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or Care Certificate
Experience:We particularly welcome applications from people with experience in care and / or working with severely disabled adults is beneficial.
The ability to work safely with clients – Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
- Previous experience of care in the community (desirable)
- Experience of using specialist equipment for personal care (desirable)
- Experience of handling wheelchairs (desirable)
- Experience of PEG feeding (desirable)
- To have supported clients with brain injury in the past (desirable)
- To have experience of supporting clients in their own homes or in a community setting (desirable)
- Experience in tracheostomy care (desirable)
Skills:Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (essential). Proficiency in the use of hoists and specialist equipment (essential). Commitment towards developing your knowledge and skills of managing clients with brain injury (essential). Knowledge of the physical & cognitive effects of brain injury (desirable).
Special Requirements: A full driving licence is essential.
Closing date: 22nd Jan 2023